Women Thrive MagazineFollow
Media platform spotlighting and celebrating entrepreneurial women and their achievements. Creating a platform where every woman can be seen and heard. We are disrupting the media industry by democratising media channels for women. If you have a business or an idea and you would like to rise and thrive, you are in the right place.
What Are Your Success Beliefs?
Nothing succeeds like success, and indeed it is a phrase that many ambitious women would love to live by, every day. A major challenge for many ambitious women is the struggle to define and live by their own brand of success, as many of us imbibe the rules of success from our families, societies, and immediate environment. Success, however, is more individualistic and is best sustained when it truly aligns with one’s authentic values and energy.
Success is a byproduct of self-belief, and for many women, our success beliefs may be rooted in fear, lack, scarcity, and comparison. Unless, these sub-conscious belief patterns and addressed, there is always a chance that success may be short-lived or unsustainable. As we step into 2023, with a tank full of new energy, dreams, and goals, it is a wise idea to sit down and define what success means, feels, and looks like to us, minus the lens of conformity.
- Examine your core success models: Take some time and do the deep-level self-reflection work. This means examining the basic belief system that drives your success parameters in life. What is the successful environment that you grew up in? How do you deal with failures and mistakes? For most of us, money is the biggest success indicator, though many of us struggle with our relationship with money and how we value ourselves. Allowing yourself a non-judgmental self-examination of your success references will help you know how you view success and how it is showing up in your life at present.
- Write down your success values: Success needs to be sustained on the rock-solid bed of one’s values. It is hard to keep up with the definition of success that is not self-determined or defined. A pro tip is to jot down what success truly means to you, in terms of personal values. Money is an important byproduct of success, yes; but how your wealth is aligned with your values is the cornerstone of it lasting in your life. Having value-driven success means it is easier to say no to things that can zap our energy. As we step into 2023, it would be best to know what values drive our success.
- Be honest with yourself: For many women, career choices, ambition, and outlook is determined by social norms. It is okay to realise that sometimes, our choices may not have reflected our true selves. Take the lessons and the learning, and start making more defined choices in the present and for the future. It is easier to drop into extreme self-criticism in hindsight but knows that at times, you have done the best that you could. It is time to move forward with awareness and self-compassion.
- Take small aligned action steps: Changing and stepping into new success is not an easy path. Growth is always non-linear, so make peace with the ups and downs that will come your way. There will be peaks and troughs, the only way is to keep moving consistently forward. Align yourself to small success steps, which will add to bigger compounded results. Our belief systems are subconscious, and changing long-held belief systems take time, courage, and patience.
- Reflect and track your progress: The best success is one that you can feel, and have results to account for. As you begin aligning your new success beliefs, keep a track of your new actions. Having an action tracker helps to maintain consistency, keep overwhelmed at bay and celebrate small milestones.
- Get inspired: The best way to stay on course is to look around and get inspired by like-minded individuals. There are plenty of people who have managed to chart their own individual careers, successfully, so look around for those vibes to keep you on the course!
Happy manifesting and implementing a successful 2023!
About the Author
Name: Matuli Madhusmita Swain
Professional Title: Coach, Author, Actress, Speaker, and Communications Expert
Bio: Matuli Madhusmita Swain is an actress, author, speaker, life coach, marketing and communications expert with over 14 years of professional experience working with leading hospitality brands, advertising companies and social development sector in India. Today, she helps business owners create simple and strategic marketing initiatives that help them scale up their business goals and find their individual media voices. Matuli loves good content and champions conversations on marketing, women’s leadership, new-age workplace practices, economics, entrepreneurship, sustainable travel, and tourism.
Social Media Handle: